Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object (Oracle Database Version 19.11.0.0.0)
Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object [message #684692] Tue, 27 July 2021 05:32 Go to next message
wtolentino
we used to select from this DBA_AUDIT_STATEMENT view to find info about grants of privileges on an object. currently we are now in 19c and using the unified auditing -- UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL.

everytime we issue the command for example:

grant select on table1 to user1;
grant select on table1 to role1;

this didn't appears recording into the UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL view. we don't see any rows that are related to the granting of an objects.

checking the v$option returns true for the parameter 'Unified Auditing':

select value from v$option where parameter='Unified Auditing';

we also tried to enable the audits by this:

audit grant procedure;
audit grant sequence;
audit grant table;

still not working.

how do we set or turn on the audits to grants of privileges on an object? please help.

thank you,
warren
Re: Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object [message #684693 is a reply to message #684692] Tue, 27 July 2021 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You configure Unified Audit with the CREATE AUDIT POLICY command.
Re: Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object [message #684695 is a reply to message #684693] Tue, 27 July 2021 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtolentino
thanks John. can you give an example. i need to audit on all commands that issues grants like select, insert, update, delete on tables.

for example:

grant select on table1 to user1;
grant select on table1 to role1;

how do use the CREATE AUDIT POLICY? i tried this but looks like it is not correct.

CREATE AUDIT POLICY table_privilege_grant_policy
privileges grant select any table, grant delete any table, grant update any table, grant insert any table;
privileges grant select any table, grant delete any table, grant update any table, grant insert any table
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-46355: missing or invalid privilege audit option.

thank you.
Re: Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object [message #684696 is a reply to message #684695] Tue, 27 July 2021 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
orclz>
orclz> CREATE AUDIT POLICY table_privilege_grant_policy
  2  privileges select any table, delete any table,update any table, insert any table;

Audit policy created.

orclz>

Please note How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read
Re: Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object [message #684697 is a reply to message #684696] Tue, 27 July 2021 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtolentino
thanks john. i successfully created the policy and enabled it. then grant privileges to a user. when i query on the UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL views i don't see the grants in there. i think i am missing something.

SQL> CREATE AUDIT POLICY table_privilege_grant_policy
  2   privileges select any table, delete any table,update any table, insert any table;

Audit policy created.

SQL> audit policy table_privilege_grant_policy;

Audit succeeded.

SQL> grant select on table1 to user1;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> grant insert on table1 to user1;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> grant delete on table1 to user1;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> grant update on table1 to user1;

Grant succeeded.

select action_name, sql_text from UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL order by event_timestamp desc;

ACTION_NAME          SQL_TEXT
-------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
AUDIT	             audit policy table_privilege_grant_policy
CREATE AUDIT POLICY  "CREATE AUDIT POLICY table_privilege_grant_policy privileges select any table, delete any table,update any table, insert any table
Re: Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object [message #684698 is a reply to message #684697] Tue, 27 July 2021 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You audit the named privileges which do not include GRANT.
If you want to audit GRANT then your audit policy must be something like:
CREATE AUDIT POLICY grant_policy ACTIONS grant;

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2021 13:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unified Auditing Trail to find grants of privileges on an object [message #684699 is a reply to message #684698] Tue, 27 July 2021 14:54 Go to previous message
wtolentino
thanks so much Michel that works.

SQL> create audit policy grant_policy actions grant;

Audit policy created.

SQL> audit policy grant_policy;

Audit succeeded.

-- then i disconnect and reconnect again

SQL> grant select on table1 to user1;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> grant update on table1 to user1;

Grant succeeded.

select action_name, sql_text from UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL order by event_timestamp desc;

ACTION_NAME          SQL_TEXT
-------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
GRANT	             grant update on table1 to user1
GRANT	             grant select on table1 to user1
CREATE AUDIT POLICY  create audit policy grant_policy actions grant
AUDIT	             audit policy table_privilege_grant_policy

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2021 15:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Too many parse error with error-12850
Next Topic: Broken Job
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:58:53 CDT 2024