Home » Server Options » Replication » golden gate replication to partitioned table (golden gate 12c on rhel 5)
golden gate replication to partitioned table [message #651886] Thu, 26 May 2016 14:07 Go to next message
ssumesh
Hi friends,

I am using ogg 12c on rhel 5. Source and target both are oracle 11.2.

My source and target were having few large tables. Requirement is to partition them on target side and leave it partitioned on source.

As soon as i partition one of the target table, OGG replicate abbend with TABLE MAPPING error.

I am using ASSUMETARGETDEFS in my replicate parameter file.

Please help me to find.

The above setup is possible or not (supported by ogg)??

if yes has anybody done such earlier? I was thinking to use DEFGEN to copy source DDL to target, will it help ?

Thanks
Re: golden gate replication to partitioned table [message #652071 is a reply to message #651886] Tue, 31 May 2016 19:41 Go to previous message
kgan238
If you run 12.2 OGG you can remove ASSUMETARGETDEFS as the metadata is now carried within the OGG trails. So you can change what you like on the source and the replicat will know what to do. In any case a partition change should not change the table columns per se so it should not crash. Can you copy the error here?
The replicat does not care where it resides as long as the columns and data types do not change.
Cheers
Kee Gan
Previous Topic: Cannot create 2 different users on database to handle extract and replicat operations.
Next Topic: OGG unique identifier in target tables for CDC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:34:46 CDT 2024