Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Viewing all the objects from tablespace
Viewing all the objects from tablespace [message #54379] Thu, 14 November 2002 03:58 Go to next message
man
Hi All,
I am bit niwbie to Oracle DBA
I have one simple Query
How to see all the database object for perticular user. i.e how user can see the diff object that he had created ,..Pl not with select * from tab;
Perticularly how he can see the various table objcet that has been created
Thanx and regards
Re: Viewing all the objects from tablespace [message #54380 is a reply to message #54379] Thu, 14 November 2002 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
Use tools like TOAD or BROTHER if U don't want to query the DB

else

select * from user_tables
Re: Viewing all the objects from tablespace [message #54385 is a reply to message #54379] Thu, 14 November 2002 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raja
Hi
to see all the objects of a user query user_objects
Re: Viewing all the objects from tablespace [message #54391 is a reply to message #54379] Thu, 14 November 2002 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
If you user has SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE or you have an account with this role then use:

SQL> select object_name, status, created from dba_objects where owner = 'UPPER_CASE_USERNAME';

You can see the object names, their status and the date when they were created.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Viewing all the objects from tablespace [message #54393 is a reply to message #54379] Thu, 14 November 2002 19:26 Go to previous message
Gilson
Hi

You can use this query

select object_name, owner from dba_objects;

this query will give you all database objects, you can filter your information by this way
select object_name, owner from dba_objects
where owner = 'SCOTT';

Hope this helps you

Gilson
OCP - DBA
Previous Topic: Re: Help! Server Manager (message file error)
Next Topic: Red Hat and Oracle - versions to combine? clustering, etc.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:44:41 CDT 2024